Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Lady named Marilyn

I love the original blonde bombshell - Ms Monroe - and have loved her for a very long time.

I've read all the books, listened to the hype that has surrounded her passing back in 1962 and often wonder "what really happened".

Had she not passed away - Ms M would have been 84 in 2010! I wonder what she would have looked like and how she would be living - I fear she would have been quite reclusive!

But what Ms M left us all with, are beautiful movies and photos that we can always enjoy - and I love nothing more than finding rare pictures of her that no one has seen much of and I tend to stear clear of the ones that are often over exposed - making her look like a product - rather than a beautiful woman.

I have three framed prints of Ms M beside my bed - they remind me of all that was wonderful about her - her free spirit, her love of reading and her desire just to be loved!






My pictures - not the greatest photo I've ever taken!!

No comments: