Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gardens to die for

Recently I visited Sally Ann and John Cottles beautiful home "Shirley" near Nimmitabel.

What a stunning garden they have  - I could have moved straight in! From the lake to the tranquil parterre garden. I took a few photos on my iphone and I hope they inspire masses of plantings in your garden.

Whilst we all can't have a massive lake to swim in, there is nothing like water in a garden to set a tranquil mood - even a small fish pond or water feature can really add a relaxing feel to any garden, be it a city courtyard or town back yard.

I believe the garden is being renovated by garden designer Paul Bangay and it is truly a magical spot to visit if you ever have the chance.

Having seen how green and lush the garden was has kept the dream alive for me that in these harsh winter conditions that our gardens endure each year, things do come back to life come spring!


1 comment:

a beautiful space said...

Hi Annie,
thank you for your lovely comments on our garden. We are pleased you found it inspiring and enjoyed your day. Sally-Ann